7.08.2009

Being Authentic

The word for July (idea taken from MOPS leaders website) is Authenticity.

Authenticity refers to the truthfulness of origins, attributions, commitments, sincerity, devotion, and intentions.
From Wikipedia

I struggle with this one a lot. I want people to think that I have it all together and that I do not need help. In reality I need a lot of help and most often just some one to vent to. I have been working on being truthful to my self on how I am feeling about things. I have leaned that in order to be truthful to others, you must first be able to be truthful to yourself. This can be a hard one. You could be feeling one way, talk yourself into having it all together, then you loose it and don't know why. I have had theses days and when I go back to the beginning and think about what all lead up to it.

I think the best example of that is when some one ask you, " How are you today" (your friends, relative, and others that would care). Do you tend to just say, "good". I know I do it. My sister will ask me how my night went or my day is going and it just seams to roll off my tongue. This is not always the case. I think people are less likely to open up to you if you make them feel you are perfect and never have anything go wrong. Something I have been working on changing and really trying to be more authentic.

How about you? Are there areas in your life and need more truth in them?

Where in the bible does it talk about truth and authenticity?


No comments: